Have a Personal Relationship with God
Simple Steps to Receive Jesus Christ and have a relationship with God:
Admit to God you are a sinner.
Ask forgiveness and be willing to turn away from your sins.
Believe that Christ died for you on the cross and rose bodily from the dead.
Receive Christ into your heart and life.
Romans 10:13 says, “Whoever calls upon the name of the Lord will be saved.”
- God loves you so much He gave His own Son for you. The Bible says, “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life” (John 3:16).
- We are sinners and are separated from God. The Bible says, “For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God” (Romans 3:23). God is holy, we do not measure up to His perfect purity. We are sinful in our nature; as well as thought, word, and deed. “The wages of sin is death”, with judgment the penalty. (Romans 6:23, John 3:18). "I told you that you would die in your sins, for unless you believe that I am He you will die in your sins,” Jesus speaking (John 8:24).
- God’s love bridges the gap of separation between you and Him. When Jesus Christ died on the cross and rose from the grave, He paid the penalty for your sins. The Bible says, “‘He Himself bore our sins’ in His body on the cross, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; ‘by His wounds you have been healed’” (1 Peter 2:24). His perfect sacrifice atoned for our sin, bringing complete forgiveness when we receive Him.
- Jesus rose from the dead, defeating sin and death. "For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received, that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, and that He was buried, and that He was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures, and that He appeared to Cephas, then to the twelve. After that He appeared to more than five hundred brethren at one time" (1 Corinthians 15:3-6).
- When you accept Christ’s free gift of salvation you are fully accepted, completely forgiven, and brought into eternal relationship with Him. The Bible says, “But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God” (John 1:12).
Prayer guide: “Dear Lord Jesus, I know I am a sinner, and I ask for your forgiveness. I believe you died for my sins and rose from the dead. I trust and follow you as my Lord and Savior. Guide my life and help me to do your will. In Jesus name, amen.”
Our response to God's amazing love is to desire to live for Christ. We can begin this by praying, reading the Bible, and allowing Him to change us from within through the Holy Spirit. Finding a bible-believing church with other believers to fellowship with is also key. As an outward sign of God saving you and grateful devotion to Him, being baptized is important (the act itself does not save you, it is an outward sign of the inward work God has done in you).
Simple steps compiled and gleaned from PeaceWithGod.net & Sharing Your Faith. (This blog is not affiliated, information is compiled from).